One of our key partnerships, is with Bank Street College of Education, whose mission is to improve the education of children, teachers and educational leaders by applying knowledge about teaching and learning to the world within and beyond the classroom.
• Learning by Experience
• Social Emotional Approach to students needs
• Collaborative teaching and Learning
•Theory into practice
Bank Street's founder- Lucy Sprague Mitchell's Credo
That continues to define the spirit of imaginative and critical inquiry that motivates and guides our work today:
What potentialities in human beings—children, teachers, and ourselves—do we want to see develop?
- A zest for living that comes from taking in the world with all five senses alert
- Lively intellectual curiosities that turn the world into an exciting laboratory and keep one ever a learner
- Flexibility when confronted with change and ability to relinquish patterns that no longer fit the present
- The courage to work, unafraid and efficiently, in a world of new needs, new problems, and new ideas
- Gentleness combined with justice in passing judgments on other human beings
- Sensitivity, not only to the external formal rights of the “other fellow,” but to him as another human being seeking a good life through his own standards
- A striving to live democratically, in and out of schools, as the best way to advance our concept of democracy
Check out the Graduate School that has inspired us and helped to shape our charter